Saturday, February 29, 2020

Who are some of the most unfortunate actors of all time?





Teth Grey
Teth Grey, Staff at Nigerian Airforce


The list goes on for miles, ranging from Lindsay Lohan’s fall from grace in Hollywood,
And Keanu Reeves tragic life of series of unfortunate events,
To Charlize Thereon growing up with an abusive father and witnessing her mother shoot her father to death all while she was still only 15 years of age.
None however hit me like the story of this guy; he was definitely one of my favorite actors growing up,
Remember him?
How about now?
That's Brendan Fraserlead cast in the mummy trilogy (1999) as Rick O’Connell,
Journey to the center of the earth as Prof. Trevor Anderson,
George of the Jungle and Inkheart.
The 1990s and 2000s were years for Brendan, in which he starred in various block busters and was one of the leading faces of Hollywood. But slowly he fell off the radar and the only places he has since been mentioned was mostly on blogs of “where is Brendan Fraser?”
In a recent interview with GQ Brendan came forth with a story that would shock the world of how he suffered sexual harassment from a power figure in Hollywood .
In 2003 Fraser was invited to a luncheon organised by Philip Berk – the former president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA).
Fraser then described what happened as he shook hands with Philip Berk’s hands,
His left hand reaches around, grabs my ass cheek and one of his fingers touches me in the taint – and he starts moving it around.
I felt ill. I felt like a little kid. I felt like there was a ball in my throat. I thought I was going to cry.
I became depressed. I was blaming myself and I was miserable—because I was saying, ‘this is nothing; this guy reached around and he copped a feel’.
It made me retreat. It made me feel reclusive.
I don’t know if this curried disfavour with the group, with the HFPA, but the silence was deafening.
Fraser knew that this was a man with the power to easily destroy an actors career. So at the time filled with fear and shame he decided not to come forth with the story.
He further stated
Am I still frightened? Absolutely. Do I feel like I need to say something? Absolutely.
Have I wanted to many, many times? Absolutely. Have I stopped myself? Absolutely.
After the incident Fraser retreated home in shame. Sadly, things weren't that good at home either.
This however wasn't the only thing that brought Fraser's world crumbling down.
His mother passed away in 2016 a few days before he had an awkward YouTube interview. The interview went viral. People made a meme out of it and titled it ‘sad Brendan Fraser' not knowing that his mother had just passed away.
these series of events took a toll on his body. After series of surgeries, he was forced to retire from stunt work and so he decided to spend more time with the family.
Soon after his eldest son was then diagnosed with autism. He said;
Griffin’s rated on the autism spectrum and so he needs extra love in the world, and he gets it – and his brothers, (Holden, 13, Leland, 11).
Ever since they were small, one was always the spokesperson and the other was the enforcer.
Soon after he and his wife had a divorce, it was a court case and it was ruled that Fraser would be paying his ex-wife $50,000 a month in spousal support, along with an additional $25,000 per month for child support. That's an annual total of $90,000, an amount that was apparently bleeding Fraser dry of money he barely had.
Fraser didn't mention any fact of his divorce during the interview.
He ended the interview with a smile and said:
‘I feel a lot better now’.
It is nothing short of inspirational to see them go through so much yet persevere to become the faces that inspire generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a comment here on how i can serve you better

About Me

My Name is Richmond Uche.A lover of Sport,an infopreneur,an engineer,a webdesigner and the lover of the spread of knowledge.